A NATIONALLY FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER
click on each badge to see featured images
JAN VOKAL, OWNER
Nice to meet you and thank you for your interest in Vokal Photography!
What makes me happy:
- My family
- My morning coffee (can't live without it)
- A good sweaty workout
- A freshly cleaned house (which doesn't happen often)
- Randomly paying for the coffee order of the person behind me in the drive up line
- Travel--going on a trip and seeing and learning about a different part of the world is so inspiring (it also makes me appreciate my home...and my bed)
- KTIS Radio
- Lake Time--Spending time at the family cabin (I love to be on the boat and in the sun)
- Sunspots in my house
- Cooking--I am passionate about good nutrition and am a Pinterest junkie, always trying to learn new ways of preparing healthy food (that tastes good) for my family (pay the grocer or pay the doctor)
-Watching This is Us with my hubby
WHEN I STARTED A PHOTOGRAPHY BUSINESS:
I'm one of those weird people who is creative but my college degree was in computer science (huh?). Which means I have a creative side but I'm also motivated by operating efficiently, being organized, and diving into technical details. Photography is a perfect balance of my two sides. I get to be creative, but I also have to be technical to run a successful business. Except the financial stuff. That I have to have help with because I just.don't.get.it. We all must have weaknesses, right?
I quit my computer programming job in 2005 and started my business. I've never looked back. Simply put...
I LOVE MY JOB:
I find tremendous joy in meeting the people I photograph and capturing important life moments for them. I personally guarantee an experience you will enjoy and a product you will cherish.
I have a passion for the creative process. With every client, I love the journey from the uncertainty that exists at the first snap of the shutter to the last when you are left wanting more. Being in front of the camera is empowering and I revel in the experience of being able to share that empowerment with every high school senior.
To move my clients to feel differently about themselves, to see themselves through the eyes of others, using the art of photography. To provide experiences that build confidence in young people so they see that their ordinary is truly extraordinary.
VOKAL PHOTOGRAPHY IS:
Experiential NOT Boring
Genuine NOT Superficial
Dedicated NOT Apathetic
MY CORE VALUES AS A PERSON AND AS A PHOTOGRAPHER:
Passion | Individuality | Integrity | Spontaneity | Flexibility | Tenacity | Honesty
I look forward to working with you.